Monday, June 4, 2012

Tragedy Strikes the Garden

No, I am not being dramatic, tragedy in the form of a hail storm struck this afternoon.

Here are some photos of the carnage it caused in the vegetable garden. 

Quadrato D'Asti Rosso Pepper
Watermelon


Lettuce - leaves bruised
Bush Bean Bed




Lemon Cucumber
Cinderella Pumpkins



Cinderella Pumpkins
Cantaloupe




There was a little damage to the strawberries, but nothing there looks too serious.  The tomatoes look fine as well, but time will tell. The peas too weathered the storm.  I had just harvested them a couple hours before, and even got enough to share with a neighbor.

I am quite depressed over the condition of the garden, I have been babying it for months and really believed the weather would be clear sailing from now until harvest.  All I can do is wait and see if things recover. 

The hail is beautiful though...


No comments:

Post a Comment