Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pumpkins Take Off!

I think the Cinderella pumpkins are doubling in size daily!  Well, maybe not doubling every day, but you can see the growth that occurs day to day!  Sure, my photos aren't taken from the exact same distance each time, but you can see the size in relation to the flat stone I placed under the fruit.  Just take a look...

July 6

July 7

July 8

July 9

July 11
Just compare the same pumpkin only 6 days apart!

July 5
July 11 again











The bees LOVE the blossoms on these pumpkins.  They are so heavy with pollen they often can't fly straight.

Honey Bees in Cinderella Pumpkin Blossom
I have never grown pumpkins that were yellow right off.  Any I grew started out green, and stayed green until they were large and starting to get orange.  Of course, I have never grown Cinderella.

No comments:

Post a Comment