Tomatoes, Tomatoes, and More Tomatoes!

Since last post the tomatoes have started to ripen in mass.  I already gave an Ace and a Japanese Trifele to   neighbor.  I would be swimming in them if all I planted had survived!  Remember I lost a Costoluto Genovese, Momotaro, and Stupice.  I lost the first Legend too. 

This morning's harvest included the first Yellow Brandywine, two Aces, two Japanese Trifele and a handful of Sungolds I ate right after this photo was taken!  They have the strongest tomato taste so far.  Mr. Stripey and Legend are still ripening.  There are two fruits on Legend, starting to color. 
 
Tomatoes - August 23
The Yellow Brandywine is large, and has the typical, common, heirloom lumps and weirdness!  It tasted about like expected, like a fresh tomato, nothing special.  I sliced it onto an Abby's thin crust cheese pizza! 

Yellow Brandywine - August 23

It's too bad the Japanese Trifele didn't impress me.  It is the most product tomato I have ever grown, bar none.  Not only is its taste underwhelming, it has a large core that I have to cut out.  Not only that, but it isn't even deep purple, or anywhere near black! 

Japanese Trifele - August 12
How much they have grown in the past three months!

Yellow Brandywine - May 6 and August 10
 

Japanese Trifele - May 6 and August 16


Comments

Popular Posts