Winter Dreams/Summer Gardens Gardening Symposium

The 14th Annual Gardening Symposium, Winter Dreams/Summer Gardens, is this coming Saturday!
I attended last year and it was great!  I am looking forward to it so much! Why? 
An entire day to myself, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.  
An entire day about gardening.
What could be better?


There are four sessions, two in the morning, two after lunch.  The lunch last year was delicious.  Full of fresh produce too! There were turkey or veggie wraps, salads, carrot cake, locally grown apples...just lots of yummy stuff! 

The registration form asks for our top two class choices in each session.  I had a hard time narrowing my choices down to only two per session, they are offering so many helpful classes.

I settled on:

Session I
1) Enjoy Garden Produce All Year Long (food preservation)
2) Square Foot Gardening (I know how to do it, but I don't seem to do it well)

Session II
1) From Radicchio to Romaine and Beyond: Growing Fall and Winter Harvested Vegetables
2) The Wonders of Pollination

Session III (nothing in this session really fired me up!)

1) Pretty as a Picture (photography of flowers)
2) To Till or Not to Till

Session IV
1) Maintaining the Home Orchard: From Planting to Pests (I need this one!)
2) Month-by-Month Calendar of Insects (I need this one too, but can't take both...)

My teeny turban gourd's parent was from last year's event.  It was a table decoration.  I may have only harvested one gourd, but it is so cute it was worth it!  I still have some of the seeds for next spring's planting.

My Tiny Turban Gourd!








Comments

Popular Posts