Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Rock Garden Work Continues

Along with the butterfly garden plants I bought the other day I got a few more for the front yard rock garden area.  I neglected to get their photos before planting.  😞  I also planted the gaura I bought last month.  I thought it was a little too small and wobbly to put in, so I let it get some strength in a pot until today.

I ended up planting one of the white lavender (Ellagance Snow) after all.  Also are a tri-color succulent, and a sunrose.  Sunroses can be called rock roses, but not by me.
I have rock roses, all cistus.  Sunroses are helianthemum. They are both favorites for low water areas, and their blossoms are similar.  I have tried to grow a sunrose before, but it didn't survive.  Hopefully this one will do better!
Gaura - "Siskiyou Pink" next to two small sea thrift
To the left of the triangular rock in center is the tri-color stone crop sedum.  To its left is the sunrose "The Bride."  On the right, even with the succulent, is the white lavender.  

I took a trip to Lowe's, hoping to find some bags of correctly sized pea gravel and river rock. I had success with the river rock, not so with the pea gravel.  So, I was able to finish the boarder of the larger rock garden area. I figure they'll get the right stuff eventually... until then the path will have to wait. I'd rather have it unfinished than wrong.



There is still work to do, more larger rocks, and some more plants.  But, it's coming together.  I added a spritzing of cat repellent and I was done for "my weekend!"  

Speaking of cat repellent... this is Benny... and this is now off topic... 


Benny makes it very difficult to type.  I am Benny's favorite person in the whole wide world (his "world" consisting of inside our house).  So, cat repellent had no affect whatsoever on Benny!  He actually started licking my elbow and hanging his mouth open!  Hopefully the neighbor cats don't have the same reaction.  

Benny likes food... 

... cat food (note he is licking his lips!)...

... turkey "cobbler" (that is cat-speak for gobbler)...

...alphabet butter cookies...

... orchard grass hay...
... Guinea pig toys...  


...watermelon (he chewed that part off the rind, before claiming my new pot for himself - I got it back, for my French tarragon)...
We share yogurt, sandwiches, butter toffee peanuts, pancake syrup, Cheese-Nip crackers...  let's just say Benny has a "healthy appetite!"  

What Benny does not like... 

...his "big sister" Velvet (here he is shoving her off the dresser, thinking no one noticed!)... 
How can anyone not like a beauty like Velvet?


Excuse the digression from the garden!  I was just thinking how my cats don't poop up the neighbor's yards!  Maybe I should buy some cat attractant (they do make it, to litter box train) and "accidentally" spill it on the neighbor's lawn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment