Bok Choy and Broccoli

Bok Choy.  Pak Choi.  Boc Choi.  Pac Choy.
However you spell it (it means "white vegetable" in Cantonese), I harvested, cooked, and ate it for dinner!  Sauteed in a little olive oil, a bit of garlic and ginger (I cheated and used powdered), it was tasty.  I prefer it in won ton soup, where you get just bit of it.  The stems didn't get a bulbous as the kind in the groceries, or else that is a different variety from mine. 

Bok Choy - something small nibbled a bit on the leaves.
 Oh, boy, the excitement of harvesting my own broccoli!  (Insert sarcasm here.)  Yeah, this was as big as my heads of broccoli got!  I read that this can be caused by the plant being in a small container too long, but I don't think that is the problem here.  Nor is it due to cold temperatures as seedling, unless the nursery didn't care for them properly.  I think it is just me.  Fall and winter vegetables are just not for me.  Maybe lettuce is fine, but not the others. 




Comments

Popular Posts