First Fall Frost

Well, last night was it.  

The first really cold night in the garden.  Cold enough to lose the lovely big Mexican Red sunflowers.  I had hoped the cold nights would hold off until at least the 15th for another Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day,  but I'll have to document the day without them.  It's a few weeks past my "first frost date," so it wasn't unexpected.  I could see my breath outside for the first time this morning too (10:30am). 





So sad.  

I wonder if the seed heads will still dry out?  

It's supposed to be below freezing at night all week.  Tomorrow night is expected to be just 25 degrees! That is COLD here!  Days are in the upper 50s and 60, which actually feels nice.  When we first moved here 50s felt like snowy winter days, and we bundled up!  Now, we go out on a sunny day in the 50s without a coat.  Funny how you get used to it. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts