Random Garden Photos

First, some shots of the insects I've encountered lately...

Praying mantis on the cucumbers.


The smallest butterfly I've ever seen on the spearmint flowers.  It was smaller than my thumb nail! If I figure out what kind it is I'll edit this post.  Until I posted this photo I didn't know there was a bee in the upper left corner!  Pollinators really love mint!


























...and some flowers.

Sunflower (the one what fell in the "big wind."  I cut off the flower and put it in a glass of water on the kitchen counter, where Benny the Cat ate off the petals in the night. 


Mexican sunflowers and a butterfly garden mystery solved, Indian blanket!  It's considered a "short lived perennial,"  which is too bad, it's just gorgeous.

Mexican sunflower (above) and Indian blanket (below) 


Left ring of the butterfly garden.  I just can't get over how it looks even better than I imagined way back when I sowed the seeds! 


Comments

Popular Posts