Wordy Wednesday - Mushrooms

 I think these are Shaggy Parasols (Chlorophyllum brunneum).  I could be way off though.  They appeared in path of rotting wood chips.



 

Either Mickey or I tripped over them in the dark before bedtime, so this was the next morning.

"Bulbous stems" are one of the traits of the Shaggy Parasol.




I don't eat mushrooms at all, so wouldn't have tried these even if they were Shaggy Parasols for sure. I just can't imaging eating something that looks like this!  I'll keep admiring their beauty.


 

Comments

  1. Mushrooms creep me out. I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a quote for you: But in recent years, a body of remarkable experiments have shown that fungi operate as individuals, engage in decision-making, are capable of learning, and possess short-term memory.Sep 1, 2021

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite scary! I don't eat them, but knowing that I would have to think twice if I wanted to!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts