Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday Too

 I'd ordinarily post this as part of Tuesday Treasures, but, one, I didn't want to wait, and two, it's got the Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday look to it!  

  I had a half-hour before an appointment, so dropped into Goodwill. 
I found the most incredible needlepoint!  

Sorry for the reflection on the glass. I can't find a place to photograph it that shows it's bright colors and shine.  The background is more turquoise, and it glitters with the beads and sequins.  The frame itself is shiny dark blue. It's 21" x 23" and was only $3.59!  

It was framed at a local needlework shop that isn't in business anymore.   So, unless I find an S. C. Stromberg listed as doing needlework, it and its maker will remain mysteries.

I've done some needlepoint, but not fancy stitches like this.



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. That's it exactly! That was my reaction! It's quite the piece. A bit creepy and yet fabulous! So cheap too.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful piece as far as the talent in stitching, but the subject matter - I agree with you, both fabulous and a bit creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an imagination S. C. Stromberg has/had!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts