Beautiful Blooms at the Library - May 2022

The library closest to me has lovely landscaping, and it's at its best right now.  The building is on a corner, so it has lots of plantings around two sides, even three, since the back is a parking lot with paths.

There's a hawthorn tree just starting to flower, so I held off taking photos of that.

There's broom on one corner.

Rhododendrons along two sides.

 

Camellias too.

Ajuga (bugleweed) under the camellias.  Searches suggest it is Catlin's Giant.


After the camellias come the Japanese Snowball, a type of viburnum.



Another kind of viburnum, like a small tree.  You can see the flower petals are the same as on the Japanese Snowball  I like this one much better.


Near the broom is what I believe is rhaphiolepis (Indian hawthorn).  


Funny thing; I'm sharing these photos and writing how pretty they are, but... I really wouldn't want any of them in my own yard!  The ajuga maybe, but I don't have the shade for it.  I've had rhododendron, and tore it out.  Camellias are messy (my mother had a bunch).  Snowballs are just too-too. 


 


Comments

  1. Looks like the library has some good gardeners :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or the city. The library is next to that city's police department and city businesses. The city spends a lot of time beautifying throughout the year. In the spring and summer they hang huge hanging baskets of flowers up and down the main streets. There are trash cans even in residential areas near schools.

      Delete
  2. A lovely garden. The Binghamton (NY) library has a small flower garden. Before I was sent home in 2020 due to the COVID lockdown, I would eat my lunch a couple of times a week there in good weather. It had heathers, some spring bulbs, hydrangeas, roses, and a couple of trees with sweet smelling finger shaped clusters of white flowers. They should be blooming right now. The leaves on the tree turned coppery in the late summer. I wish I knew what those trees were. Camillas are way outside my 5b zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lovely place to eat lunch! Maybe you could get a photo of the trees next time you see them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts