Skywatch and Floral Fridays - May 13, 2022

 Skywatch Friday 

Floral Friday Foto

I thought the sky over Roxy Ann was particularly stunning the other morning.  It's not the best quality photo as it was taken through the windshield in the Starbucks drive-though line.  The fence didn't help either.  There is a lot of construction in that complex.

The first I'm Back bearded iris opened late yesterday.  They were planted last August from divisions a friend gave me.  She gave me nine different kinds of iris, and five kinds of daylilies! 



#beardediris #FloralFridayFoto #SkywatchFriday

 

Comments

  1. I love your sky photo, fence and window included. Such a generous friend you have with the iris's and daylillies. My wife has iris's in our backyard that came from her Grandmother's house in western Oklahoma. No telling how old the line is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is generous. Daylilies and iris need dividing so often, but they are so worth it. A lot of work the years they need it. That's great you have some heirloom iris!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that sky is so dramatic. Looks like a giant anvil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I never noticed before you mentioned it.

      Delete
  3. That cloud looks cool and kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought! It reminded me of the beginning of Independence Day, where they look up! And then the ships over the cities.

      Delete
  4. Maybe the clouds are mirroring the flowers! Beauty above and below! Have a lovely weekend! ~ Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may well be! I hope for a sunny weekend, but may not get it.

      Delete
  5. I have never seen a cloud formation like that. Great capture, and I easily ignored the fence. Your iris is pretty, too, with the two shades of purple contrasting. We are still a bit away from iris flowers here in New York.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two more types of iris ready to unfurl, but they are taking their time in the overcast. It was sunny for a few hours today. I don't think I've seen that sort of cloud either. Ominous.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts