Garden Poetry - Nest

NEST

Blog Poem of the Day 
https://positivecookies.blogspot.com/2018/08/haiku-nest.html

THE SPIDER'S NEST
Sorry in advance
for killing you and your eggs
I can't have you here




Another true story-of-the-day told in haiku! I was cleaning up for tomorrow's trash pick-up and noticed this gorgeous female black widow spider hanging in the bottom of my garden cart (or top, it's stored upside down).  I got my son to take a look at her beauty (she was upside down and her red hourglass was showing), convinced him to mash her (the only spiders I kill), and he spotted egg sacs!   Good-bye babies.
They really are beautiful spiders...


Comments

  1. Yikes!

    Thanks for the interesting comment on my blog. That your home schooled children have good grammar makes me happy. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Thanks for your concern over my post. The image I used of a pretty boy kissing his kitten is not of my local friend. That's the ten year old image of someone promoting himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your poem. That spider looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts