H - Hello, Beautiful!

 
It's Friday, so that means Floral Friday Fotos.  
 
Hyacinths, Grape
 
Messy foliage before and after the bloom, but what a bloom!  They last and last too.  These tiny bulbs spread. 

 

Hyacinth

A bit big and showy, but they smell so good.  Mine are all from Walmart, where each spring they have little pots of flowering bulbs for just $1.  Daffodils, hyacinths, grape hyacinths, squill... more.  













Hollyhocks

This one came from seeds my neighbor gave me.  It didn't self-seed, which they often too to excess.  I tried to grow them again this year, but only got one plant to germinate.


I actually have two for I!  Incredible!



Comments

  1. I remember hollyhocks that used to be in our yard. I forgot until I saw this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They are. Once in the ground you can forget them! The big hyacinths aren't even planted as deep as suggested. The pots there were in had the bulb sticking out of the soil a bit, so I had to plant them shallow. They didn't care.

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of those plants for a dollar. I would buy heaps. I am inspired to plant some bulbs. I think. Supposed to put them in the fridge in the winter to give them some nice cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My winters are cold enough for them, but no so cold I need to dig them up. I won't bother with things that need digging up and storing! The spring blooming bulbs are planted in the ground in Oct. or Nov. here.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It seems to go that way! Purples are joined by yellows in early spring with daffodils and crocus.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Me too. A lot of people don't since the foliage is messy.

      Delete
  6. Wow ! Beautiful hyacinth blooms and what a lovely hollyhock capture . It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to Gardening, Nature and birds here at http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2021/04/garden-affair-mesembryanthemum.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have one hollyhock seedling to plant, and some more seeds for this year. I haven't tried them since the time shown here.

      Delete
  7. The Hollyhock looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was pretty. The plants get awfully big though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts