Skywatch and Floral Friday - October 7, 2022

 The first Friday in October brings us (me) hot temperatures again (low 90's).  It put the idea of first frost date, which is this month, out of my mind.  

These two skies for Skywatch Friday are from the 4th and 5th, both about 7:00 am.  A con-trail and Canada geese, both headed south.  The con-trail is distorted because I used the panorama setting on my phone camera. 



Florals for Floral Friday Fotos.

Angel Shasta Daisy.  If you find Shasta Daisy plants are too large (and I find some are), try "Angel, it stays small.  It also reblooms if you cut it back after the first bloom.

Black-eyed Susans after a sprinkling. Most have died back, but a few self-seeded early enough to mature and flower.


German Chamomile.  This is the annual chamomile.  Roman chamomile is a perennial.  Studies suggest Roman is more effective as a relaxing tea.  (Don't use any herbal supplements, including teas, before checking with your medical provider.  Some interact with medications.)



Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend.

 

Comments

  1. What beautiful flowers, especially the black-eyed susans (my favorite).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Black-eyed Susans still look pretty good. However, we are expecting our first frost tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful skies and flowers. I like that big sweeping contrail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice flowers. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the geese in the sunrise sky and the sprinkled on black eyed Susans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts