Tuesday Treasures - October 11, 2022

 It was a perfect fall day for a drive through the country to the horse rehabilitation facility Res-Q Ranch to take a look at what they had for sale.  No, not horses!  Stuff.  They take donations of all sorts of things to sell to help care of the horses.  Some nicer items are leftovers from estate sales, and still bear the high estate sale prices, but are no where near as costly as the stickers show.  
 
I actually found much less than on my past visits.  However, I am quite pleased with what I did buy.
 
The painting "A Bañarse" by Argentinian artist Juan Santiago Corbacho (1885-1981).  The title translates "To Bathe."  The estate sale sticker was $75, however I got it for $10.  A real bargain.
 
 
 Tucumán is a provence in Argentina.  I don't know what the numbers are, perhaps location? 
 



 

Then, not nearly as exciting, is this pottery squirrel with angry eyes.
 

It was beautiful weather (although it warmed up quite a bit), it was fun rummaging around, and I am very pleased with the Cordacho.  It's hanging next to the Palo Fierro painting from St. Vincent de Paul. Their colors right down to the frames are coincidentally amazingly similar! 
 

Comments

  1. I won't ask (well, maybe I will) where do you find the room for your finds? Does your house expand into the fourth and fifth dimensions? But seriously, I liked the elephants. The salt and pepper shakers get a pass from me, which probably means they are valuable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well, everything here is flat, or small. I have a hutch (filling) for the salt and pepper shakers. That's where the squirrel is too. Lots of wall I rearrange as I get art I like more than what's there. Some are awaiting frames. I do get rid of things. The elephants are on a shelf in the spare room. That where the unframed art and empty frames are. Remember, other than my son's room, the rest of the house is mine to clutter!

      Delete
  2. Some great finds. Sad that they left stuff out in the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts