Tuesday Treasures - October 25, 2022

 I dropped into the nearby Goodwill after grocery shopping a few Saturdays ago.  Spent under $3 for two items, this is one of them.

How about this adorable brass donkey.  I think it's a donkey.  If it wasn't wearing a pack or saddle I'd say it was a deer.  Or... something.  The cashier said it was a "Sherpa."  I didn't correct her, and she mentioned it three times as she rang me up before catching her error, correcting to "No, a Sherpa is the person, this is the Sherpa's animal."  Better, but still not accurate.  I'll call it a donkey.  Or llama?  At any rate, it's brass and cute and was 71 cents. It has painted eyes, and evidence it had paint in the ears and on the pack.  I haven't found another quite the same, however there was one on eBay with the same head (like an anteater if you ask me), with a saddle and reins, said to be from Mexico.  About 4" high.



Comments

  1. Those are nice mushrooms. At least, in painting form they don't creep me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I think I found the right size glass for a frame for it today.

      Delete
  2. That donkey (or whatever it is) intrigues me. I don't think it's a donkey, but don't know what it is. I am almost positive I've seen something like that animal on Egyptian hieroglyphics but don't trust me on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was a donkey the first time I saw it either, but it has that pack. It's rather like a short neck giraffe also! Well, whatever it is, it's cute. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts