Six on Saturday - November 12, 2022

 Well, it's certainly been awhile since I posted a Six on Saturday.  I'm not sure why, I enjoy it.  Six garden related things, mine and others' around the world, what's not to enjoy.  Now it's mid-November, not the optimal time to start up again since the garden is not at its best. But, here I go.

1 -  The calendula are still blooming.  Or, again.  It's a new generation. 


 2 - So are some of the Chinese forget-me-nots.


 3 - Creeping winter savory

4 - The pyracantha did well this year.  

I still wish it were the red variety I grew up with in California.  I see more orange here.

 5 - I left the blazing star flower stalks for some "winter interest," as they say.


6 - I think artichoke plant, flowers, and I guess the seed heads are pretty. It's supposed to go dormant in my zone, or be an annual, but no one let mine know that.





 


Comments

  1. Your remaining flowers are a cheery sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are. It's supposed to get below freezing tonight, for sure this time. Or, so they say.

      Delete
  2. I think, but I'm not positive, that the orange pyracantha is way more resistant to fire blight here, which was pretty important when we had pear orchards all over. The robins come and strip mine every year so the berries are gone within a month. They're here now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be, I know orange is the only color I see around. I think the ones by the mall (at the back by the creek) are all orange. When I got it years ago it was the only one Shooting Star had. They'd had it so long it had grown a big root out the bottom of the container, so they gave it to me free in case it didn't survive. I'd hoped to plant a row along the back fence at the time.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you still have growing going on. It's not quite winter yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts