A Motley Monday in May - May 29, 2023

 What better time to share a bunch of unrelated things than a Motley Monday!  Maybe a Thursday Thirteen, but then I'd have to count.

My favorite wildflower/weed is blooming in my own backyard!  Moth mullein is prettier to me than the mullein, or verbascum, perennial mix in the Butterfly Garden.  



Also pretty is the garden sages in bloom.  If I were only interested in eating it I'd cut off the flowers before they bloomed.  However, I share with the pollinators.   The other purple below is globe gilia, a dependable annual to wintersow, or it self seeds. 


Look how much the Turkish sage is blooming now!  You don't eat this kind of sage.  The flowers were worth waiting four years .  There are four other plants too.

Let's get off flowers and see how the vegetables are doing.

The tomatoes have all started flowering.

Sungold


Brandywine


Candy (I don't know this variety, but the young girl I bought it from said it's a cherry)

Snap peas have slowly started to mature.  I still need to save them up for a few days to have enough for a meal.  They look like a lot of them didn't come up.

The June bearer strawberries, Hood, are bearing within days of June.  They are holding the berries up off the ground on stiff stems.  I ordered them, and my Albion, from Scenic Hill Farm Nursery just a few hours north of here.   Albion in 2021, Hood last year.  

I saved the best for last.  No one can misunderstand Mickey's request of "Please, play Squeaky Dragon with me.  Please." 




Comments

  1. I don't always comment but really love seeing your photos every day. Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming by to see them!

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of a motley Monday. Pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes I have a lot of little things.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts