Skywatch Friday - May 5, 2023

 Skywatch Friday

Views of the sky taken from my backyard over the past few days.  The general views are the same (meaning, facing south from my deck or to the west over the fence), yet the skies are always different.

Wednesday 4:00pm-ish - nice sunny spring afternoon sky!

Last night's sunset starting with 7:48pm and ending with 7:55pm.




Then... I've been encouraged to ignore the wires and poles and cars and such.  I don't like them showing, but will never edit them out.  I like that less than the wires and poles!

Lastly, this contrail I saw at the park while walking Mickey last Sunday.  I thought the pattern was interesting, unusual to the ones I usually see.  Or, I haven' t noticed before.

Have a nice weekend.  My weather is no longer hot, which lasted only two days, but dry.  So, time to water with the hose.  I need a new one for the front yard.  The one I have, only two years old, or maybe one, leaks terribly.  Hoses used to last for years and years!  They also didn't cost $50 for a good one.



Comments

  1. I have never seen a contrail that looked anything like that. Enjoyed your sunset, and I have many of the same thoughts about hoses as you do. They certainly don't last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how the sky changes, isn't it? You can sit in one place and have shows for days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skies are beautiful! I have a contrail like that somewhere in my photo files. I remember it reminded me of a zipper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos - I love watching the clouds and snapping photos of them.

    Donna McNicol - My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you know I don't travel far for many of my skywatch shots, front yard, back yard, east, west, and sometimes with my drone.
    I don't worry wires and cars and such, its part of where we live.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts