Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday Too +

 Blue and Ruby in this painting by my daughter-in-law.  I'm not sure what the technique is called, pour or flow or tilted?  At any rate, I wasn't shown which was up or down, so this is how I display it.  I see a galaxy.

Here's some Monday Mickey-Mutt Mischief.  

Mickey can be a handful.  I know he sneaks into the herb garden to steal decorative items (ceramic mushrooms, abalone shells), but lately he's been pulling up entire solar light fixtures, laying on the grass, and chewing like he has one of his bones.  And I'm right out there with him!  Here's one I got back yesterday, along with the rest I proactively took out.  He chewed through to the wires in another last week. 


An extra Blue Monday shot of Canada geese on their way south.  Sort of south, more like south-east here.  South is pretty much the direction I was facing to take the picture.  Flocks are starting to fly over several times a day, and boy, can Mickey and I ever hear them coming!  He looks up, and I tell him "geese" or "goose" which is a bit confusing, because for all the other birds, I tell him "bird."  I also tell him "airplane," because he looks up to watch them.  My son tells me it's no benefit to teach Mickey vocabulary, as he'll never use it!  But, Mickey is curious and it's fun to see him know what I mean.  He knows the different between "bone," and "chewy," and can differentiate between toys, like with "Foxy Loxy," "Snake," or "Lobster."  He may have atrocious leash manners, but at least he has a growing vocabulary!

Have a great week.

Autumn starts in a few days!  The geese know what they're doing!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. My daughter in law is quite talented in different methods.

      Delete
  2. I like that painting even though it's not a landscape! When Rosie was a pup she chewed the lever thingy off the recliner so when a person wanted to recline they had to hold it with pliers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bye-bye Canadian geese. (Those suckers are mean.) It's really cool when you say something and the dog knows what you mean. Mickey may not speak, but there will be times when his knowing what you're saying will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all geese are! Mickey just impressed my son tonight by knowing what his "new bone" was. "New bones" are still icky with marrow. He knows "bone," "new bone," and "peanut butter bone," the one I fill with peanut butter or cream cheese. The rawhide-less rawhide bones are "chewies."

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts