Wordless Wednesday - September 29, 2021

 Wordless Wednesday





Comments

  1. Replies
    1. No. Virginia creeper berries contain oxalate crystals, tiny microscopic crystals that poke the mouth and throat (irritation, redness), and cause nausea and vomiting, and if enough are eaten the throat can swell. Birds eat them though. Some people need to wear gloves when working around it because the sap in the leaves can cause a rash that spreads. I don't have any reaction working with them ungloved.

      Delete
  2. There is something a little troubling about the look of those. I'm not sure what. They kind of look like claws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I guess they do! They make nice color in the fall.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the warning above! But beautiful colors in your captures:)
    Emille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Seeing the birds eat them is a bit misleading, as then it looks like they're fine, but not for us.

      Delete
  4. It looks like men with their feet stuck in pots. :)

    My latest post:
    https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/2021/09/brief-visit-to-kaikondrahalli.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of them that way, but you're right! Funny!

      Delete
  5. We have these along our Vestal Rail Trail. Some nice shots of these berries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must take over in the wild! Pretty though.

      Delete
  6. I love your cascades of stems and berries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very pretty this time of year. I tried to get rid of them when I first moved in, but gave up. I've learned to live with them!

      Delete
  7. Lovely capture of those purple berries, makes me somewhat feeling nostalgic of Germany when I was a child. I wonder if it's the same tree they have there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it, these are native to the eastern US and Canada and spread to the west. They go dormant in winter, and grow very quickly, vining, and are hard to get rid of.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts