A Quick Bins Visit - August 23, 2022

 The Goodwill Bins store is on the way to the recycling bottle drop (in Oregon our soda, beer, water, etc. cans and bottles are worth 10 cents each, which was paid at time of purchase, so most of us are happy to return them!), so we dropped in for a short visit. 

 They brought out some new bins while we was there.  I spotted canvases and made my way near enough to them to grab them all!  

Now, if you don't like Lady in Orange, and more don't than do, you probably won't like these two unsigned portraits!

I think she's looking through a window.


This one reminds me of an aged rocker.   My son sees a Renaissance man!  Apologies if it's a woman and she see this post!


This is a Milo Manufacturing Co. (San Francisco, CA) hobnail milk glass hurricane lamp.  The plug had been cut off, so must have been faulty.  I removed the cord completely, and will either get a rewiring kit, or one of those bulbs that don't need cords.  It's the sort of lamp that my mother had on her bedside table with just enough light to get to bed once the overhead light was turned off.  I must have sold that at her estate sale.  I took my job as executor very seriously, which was to make as much money for the estate as possible.  So, I sold things I really would have liked to keep. 

 A bunch of miscellaneous...

A Tonala, Mexico 4" pottery vase (large ones have a clay cap for water storage), one of my favorite movie characters (Scrat from Ice Age, who I always call a "rabid rat with a muffin" since his acorn in other toys looks like he's tugging on a muffin, and he's a bit crazy!), without his acorn, a vintage deer planter (which I am shocked to find has its original pompom nose and eyes, silly choice for outdoor use, and is valuable! I'm going to use it.  Maybe even paint it, ruining its resale value, but making it nicer to me.), and a tiny metal watering can to add to my others in the shed window.

Turns out we couldn't get to the bottle drop anyway due to an RV on fire on the street just where we'd turn in.  That was pretty exciting though.

Comments

  1. You'd think more of them would use the cheaper prices to clear out the bins. I assume the things get to the bins because they were passed over elsewhere. Quite the haul this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'd painted those portraits, I wouldn't have signed them either. The other stuff is great! I once got a whole box of those willow stars for free. Mine are sparkly and I use them at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts