Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday Too - October 25, 2021

 Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday Too

I was rummaging around looking for some old photos (to accompany a poem for later this week on my other blog) when I came across these Amate (a kind of Mexican bark paper) paintings.  My parents and I "went to Mexico" on one trip to Southern CA, probably around 1966 or  1967.  "Went to Mexico" means we crossed the border at Calexico and visited the gift shops in Mexicali!  Still, it was thrilling for the little girl I was to "visit" Mexico!

We each picked one painting.  I don't remember which was mine, just that it wasn't the bird.  Probably the red one, it looks most like a horse!  Online images of that one say it's a coyote.


 
The colors are still so vibrant, even after more than 50 years!



 
Coincidentally, one of my Tuesday Treasures tomorrow has to do with traditional folk art paintings too!  The Australian dot painting.

Comments

  1. Yes, what vibrant colors! And of course, my favorite was the one with the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty much my experience "visiting" Mexico. Although, we didn't hit any gift shops. (We spent maybe a half hour across the border.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts