Shadow Shot Sunday - October 10, 2021

 Shadow Shot Sunday 

I'm running a bit behind things today, but it's still early afternoon in Oregon, so, here I go.

This belongs to a Tuesday Treasures post, but...

1 - I have enough items from this past week to make at least two Tuesday posts!
2 - I love the shadows the trees were making in this painting so much it gets its own post.

I bought it yesterday at a Big Sale at Res-Q-Ranch (horse rescue/rehabilitation/rehome).  I can't say what I paid, as a pile of stuff (and some of it is actually unidentifiable!) was $20 total.  The facility receives donations from all over, and some are estate sale leftovers.  This was tagged $150, but it would have been $10 if I'd  bought it alone. 

It's big, 34" x 28" and heavy! I haven't figured out the signature.  Yet.  It was framed in Illinois, so it won't be as easy as searching for an area artist.


 


 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. A bit like a rough sketch. Now, to shuffle things around to fit in something so big!

      Delete
  2. That's quite a find you have there and at such a bargain. I follow a "picker" on instagram and he finds all sorts of treasures in his forays. I am constantly amazed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what this place was like, those outbuildings "pickers" visit! I never thought to look on Instagram, I'll have to see who I can find there. I love seeing other finds almost as much as finding my own.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I thought so too! And a man at the sale kept wanting it. Asked about my "pile" of stuff, and then if it included the painting. Later asked to see who the artist was. They had just gotten it in.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts