Tuesday Treasures: part 2 - Saturday Edition

 Continuing on with this week's Tuesday's treasures, here is a very mixed lot of stuff!  As I wrote in Sunday's post, I went to a sale at Res-Q-Ranch last Saturday.  It's more than a sale, it's building after building of stuff, leftover estate sale items, and donations.  A bit of effort has been made to sort things (such as a trailer for most of the books), but it's mostly rummaging around.  Once I discovered the price tags were leftovers and they were charging much, much less, I kind of went wild!  Probably for the best I didn't know until I was half-way through it all!  

To begin...

A Japanese bird, and a flower frog, both from the 50's.  



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Three sets of salt and pepper shakers.  Now I officially have a "collection," as my rule is 2 is a coincidence, 3+ a collection.              Both of these sets on top are from the 50's, a Tenite plastic (first produced by Kodak in 1929) made by Carvanite, and a tiny pair of table lamps from Japan. The Carvanite aren't the usual shakers, they have push buttons.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



A fabulous 1930's vegetable packing label.  Cheerio!  Apple and cherry labels last month, now vegetables!  

 
This painting is unsigned, or at least in the visible part, and I'm not opening the back.  It's a cute little painting, framed to 19" x not quite 9", just the size for that narrow wall space above the light switch at the front door.  There is damage in the upper right corner, which occurred before framing, and is why it, if I'd bought it alone, was only going to be $1.  I quite like the trees.



 











Then, I added quite a few comb-bound recipe books to my collection.  That's a post for another day. 

Closing, here's picture of two of Res-Q-Ranch's residents, including an adult miniature cow, very short and fat.  Too fat, which apparently why it's being rehabilitated.



 There's one more Res-Q-Ranch post to go!  Cookbooks. Then back to our regular Tuesday Treasures schedule... I hope.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It was. I went a bit wild once I heard how cheap things were! There's so much I guess they just want to move it along.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts