My Favorite Thrifts of 2022

 My favorite thrifted items from 2022, by the month.  These include items from thrift stores, garage sales, and curb freebies.  Most months will have two photos, one for general thrifted item and one for artwork.

January was for the birds.  A pen and ink egret, unknown artist (can't read the signature), and German lusterware pelican salt and pepper shakers.




February was too!  L. E. Smith amber glass turkey individual soup tureen.


March was free and nearly free (clay pots on the curb, and  painting, Guanajato, by Edward Enriquez in the Bins)



April was incredible with 1939-1940 Golden Gate Expo salt and peppers for $1, and a fantastic two part nativity painting by Marlinde von Ruhs from the Bins.  What a place to find her work!



May had one of my favorite little Bins find, a porcelain American Eskimo dog.  Also, Cypress & Oak, a print by L. Tudor (I think), shown in a poor photo because of glass glare.



June artwork has two, because they are companion pieces by Helle Hamilton, Kanalen I and Kanalen II, mixed medias.  Two more unexpected finds in the Goodwill Bins.  Also, a flower frog from a CA pottery, Carmel.





July brought a mother lode of salt and pepper shakers from one garage sale.  I can't pick a favorite, because none of these are particular favorites of mine, but the number alone makes them my July favorite thrift.  July's favorite art was this near-antique print of Chartres, France.



August brought a portrait most dislike from the Bins, and a Fenton hobnail cat's head glass shoe.



September's art is one of my top three favorites.  The cute little orange fella (1940's string holder) was free at a garage sale.



October brought another unique painting, one by Argentine artist, Juan Santiago Corbacho, A Bañarse.  Another of my top three.


November brought a print of Rothenburg, Germany, and collie salt and pepper shakers.



December's pick surprised even me. It's not the Victorian castor set, but the Gustavsberg, Sweden, fish plate designed by Stig Lindberg.


December does have a favorite artwork, up in the top three favorites of all my artwork, however, it hasn't had a chance to debut here on a Tuesday Treasures.  I am behind.  I'll point it out when it does.





Comments

  1. What a fun post. How long did it take you to figure out what your favorite was for each month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Too long! I looked through all the old posts, then realized a few items were not purchased in the months I posted them, and that threw things off. I'm not sure I got it perfect, but, until I told you, no one knew that!

      Delete
  2. Liza {above} shared your Link with me. What amazing Found Treasures you Scored in 2022. I'm a Human Magpie trying to Downsize a Lifetime's worth of Collecting, Scavenging and Rescuing Treasures... my Heirs think they'll have a full time job finishing the Project when I'm Gone. I told them it's their Inheritance. *Winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It fun, isn't it! :) "Human Magpie" is a nice way to put it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts