Wintersowing Update #1 - January 30, 2023

 Even though I decided not to do the April A to Z Challenge on wintersowing, I do have the 26 (+one extra T I planted twice) out in the elements getting rained in, sunned on, and frozen at night (last night was 18°).  

I noticed five were up yesterday.  A, B, G, J, and one of the Ts.

A is Violet Queen alyssum.  


B is Bachelor Buttons of some sort!  I forget which kind.  Probably the usual Polka Dot Mix.  I do have some fancier seeds too.


G is Globe Gilia.


J is Japanese Radish, or Daikon radish.  I could have saved myself the trouble of getting these seeds, I already had some Japanese Wasabi Baker Creek sent as my free seed packet.


Tidy Tips are T.  They are always one of the first to sprout, and the first to be transplanted out.


You know, now that they're germinating, maybe I'll stick with using them for the A to Z after all.  Keep it simple, just the letter and what it is, like here.  An intro for what wintersowing is.  The work will be nearly done!


Comments

  1. I was going to say when you said you'd rejected the idea of doing this for A to Z, why? It's a great topic, and you've now done the hard part of the work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, the hard parts over! If they don't thrive and get big enough to transplant by April, I can still show what the seed packets looked like!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts