Skywatch Friday and Other Stuff - January 20, 2023

 Skywatch Friday 

Man and Nature in the Sky at the Park


Also at the park, someone finally taped off the deep water-filled hole.   Not well.  It won't keep anyone from falling in.


Speaking of Mickey...  the other day I looked up to find him standing, stock-still, wearing the blankie we use on the sofa.  Except, no one covered him with it, so I have no idea how he got it on.  Or why he was standing there waiting for help getting it off.


I got this item in the Goodwill Bins the other day.  It had soil in the bottom, so I thought it was a planter.  No.  Originally it had a lid, and was a sewing box.  Or sewing bucket.   Apparently now that the 60's - 70's Colonial American style, which included wooden accessories with spool legs, is out (as well as the mothers of the house not keeping their sewing supplies in the living room where they could pick it up and mend while watching television), many are being repurposed into planters.  


Hope you all have a good weekend.  

Comments

  1. Dogs, what do you do with them!! Lots of stuff from my childhood is getting repurposed into more modern uses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that. Better than just becoming obsolete and tossing it. I do take exception to the idea that vintage is anything 20-99 years old. 20? That's not vintage, that's new!

      Delete
  2. I would totally use a bucket like that for my knitting. But yeah, no one really keeps the mending out anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sewing basket in my closet, and do mend a bit. Sew buttons back on. Seam rips. I'm not sure the bucket needed a lid, maybe it made it look more like an ice bucket. I can see it being full of yarn, it's deep so would work well. Holds the yard up high next to a chair too.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful sky photo. Mickey and the blanket made me smile. Quite a mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! He stood there long enough for me to get my phone and then ask my son if he'd covered Mickey. Of course not, he wouldn't have thought of it!

      Delete
  4. I could use a "planter" like that for its original use - my latest crochet project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL....Mickey sure is a hoot! What a character he is. Looks like he is saying "Get this blanket off me!" That look is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has very expressive eyes. The first dog I've had where you see the whites.

      Delete
  6. The clouds almost looked like snowy mountains on the horizon. Your dog looked cozy and confused by his shawl..lol I had a wooden bucket on legs like that at one time, but my children kept tipping it over and broke it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mountains nearby are snowy, but not that much snow! I can imagine children would knock something like that over. Over and over again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts