Another Motley Monday - June 26, 2023

Can you believe the year is only a few days from being half over?   They say it feels like time goes quicker when you get older, but this is ridiculous!

Let's take a look at what's been growing these past few warm summer days.

Here's a Shirley, or corn, poppy in a color combo that wasn't included in a previous post


Almost time to get a taste of the first tomato of summer!  This is Sungold.


The ditch lilies are back to orange now that the weather is warm/hot.  If you didn't see what the cold nights did to them, it's here... they turned pink!


Pretty rudbeckia.  


In the same bed, the Butterfly Garden, are bright coneflowers, Pow Wow Wild Berry.


My other coneflowers are, so far, quite disappointing.  

This is the regular purple coneflower.  It's not even as purple as this photo makes it look, it's kind of grey.


The Paradise my friend game me is pale purple, however we thought it was going to be pink. 


Another Western Tiger swallowtail passed over the yard the other day.  I'm not sure what my flowers lack, but they take a look a them, then leave.  One did stop for a brief moment to take a close look at the coreopsis, then was gone.  Despite its name, my butterfly weed is very popular with the buzzing pollinators, but not the butterflies.


I've got some nice photos and videos of buzzing pollinators for a post later this week.  




Comments

  1. A flower that changes color depending on the temperature? I did not know that was a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either! I read that cold can make daylilies lose their color, become pale, but these completely changed. The article I read also said that daylilies need hot weather to show their "true color."

      Delete
  2. Time goes so fast, for sure! Your garden is looking great. I love the multicolored poppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was taking more photos of the poppies this morning, I decided I like the one here best. It's not the flashiest or the one with most petals, but I like the different colors in it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts