Skywatch Friday - June 9, 2023

 It's time for Skywatch Friday, where we are treated to view of skies around the world.  My skies are a Southern Oregon sunset on Tuesday night. 

8:43 to the south.


8:48 a bit southeast.  The blue was really that blue.

8:49 south again.


8:51 to the west.

8:53 to the north.

A plane circled overhead.


"Red Sky at Night, Sailor's Delight" wasn't true.  It rained not long after these photos were taken.  

Wednesday evening we had thunderstorms.  First just the thunder.  No rain.  No clouds.  It was still sunny out so couldn't see the lightening.  It was very loud, long thunder though.  Mickey does not "do" even quiet, short thunders.  Once it got dark out the rain began, still thundering, and visible lighteninging.  Lightening-ing?   There was hail at the other end of town.  It's so humid.  Okay, okay... I know it's not so humid.  Let's say it's humid for here.  

Enjoy your weekend!



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I take too many and try to keep the "best." If I bothered to get out my real camera I might do better!

      Delete
  2. Fiery, colourful skies. Love these near water fronts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very pretty sunset. I liked the sky still being bright blue.

      Delete
  3. Nice sky colors. Wonder if the fires from Canada affected it somewhat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt, since that is affecting the east coast, and I'm on the west. We get a lot of red sunsets here. Sometimes I am even tired of them!

      Delete
  4. You captured a wonderful after sunset blue hour event - the blue, blue post sunset sky and the colors in the sky - so nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the skies are an amazing color. I know what you mean about humid, though. We're not used to it, so any humidity is too much humidity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit more humid here than in CA where I lived. There we had a humidifier, now we have a dehumidifier! I bring it out earlier than the AC, and it does help cool things down inside. Or, if not cooler by temperature, it feels cooler.

      Delete
  6. Clap. Clapping. Still clapping. Those sky shots are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You captured all the drama and all the colors. Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts