Skywatch Friday - December 1, 2023

 Skywatch Friday

I was at an area Goodwill (the one I visit least often, as it's furthest in my valley) and was struck by the repeating shapes of one of the Table Rocks and the sawdust pile across the highway.  I think it's a sawdust pile.  There's a millwork facility showing on the map there.


Have a nice weekend.  I'll be staying in.  It's rainy, and it's a cold rain.  Nights may be warmer than the earlier '20s, but the days now aren't even getting up to 50°.  Yesterday's high was 44°.  Nights are only about 6° warmer than that.  During the smoky hot summer I promised not to complain about the cold, so this isn't a complaint.  It's just a weather report!  It's cold.  It's now cold and wet. 


Comments

  1. Good luck - I think you are supposed to get even more rain. Today, our high should be around 45 and it's going to start raining this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've had rain. First time to be enough to start the puddles in the far back yard. The clay just can't drain it.

      Delete
  2. Kind of a miniature Table Rocks. Good eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep on the lookout for things. Just today I circled a parking lot, explaining to my son I wanted a photo of the sky!

      Delete
  3. It's nice to have cold after that summer. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made no promises. I'll complain for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cold, wet, rainy, and windy is much worse than cold, dry, sunny, and calm. We get a lot of both here in the Midwest, but I think sometimes the sunny January days in the 20s and even teens often feel warmer than the late February and early March days in the 30s with rain and wind. Anyway, great photo! The Table Rocks are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never hiked up them, I'm not in the shape I used to be!

      Delete
  6. Yep winter requires an adjustment. I still love being outside but I sure look forward to getting back inside.
    That's a big sawdust pile. When I was in grade school (decades ago) the city indoor swimming pool used sawdust as the fuel for the pool heater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an interesting use for sawdust. I imagine it would be rather dangerous, being dusty, and unhealthy to breath too. I don't like indoor pools, for some reason they creep me out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts