Tuesday Treasures - December 5 , 2023

The Goodwill Bins had a box of vintage salt and pepper shakers, which was very exciting.   I'll only share two, including this one-piece, which is in perfect condition (just a bit grubby).


It even has both cork stoppers.

Another peeing dog!  My third as a shaker, my fourth in general.  Missing the hydrant, which I'll eventually find on eBay or some thrift store.   It still has the original sticker. 

On a different Bins trip I found this beautiful drip glaze pottery creamer made by McMaster Craft (Canada) from red clay.  The earlier pieces were made from white clay imported from the U.S.  In the '50s they started using local red clay. 


I also found this unusual hammered/punched/decorated tin piece.  I'm not sure what it is.  I understand the two angels on either side, but not the leaves with the eye in the center that the angels seem to be worshipping.  Any ideas?  


Next week starts the Tuesday Treasures Christmas Edition where I'll share just the extra special holiday items I've thrifted.   

 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. These would have been trash within a few hours. My son and I were passing by the Goodwill Outlet street (were taking cans to the Bottle Drop) and I just popped in for a minute, and right by the shopping carts was the box of shakers! The glassware is always there, three bins against one wall. One of the regular re-sellers asked to see the pitcher, so I know it was a good find!

      Delete
  2. I like the pitcher. You were in the right place at the right time. The peeing dog? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Not a fan of the dog? They are an odd choice for salt and peppers.

      Delete
  3. Oh, those are fun, especially the salt and pepper shakers! The other items are beautiful, and seem like they might have some serious value. You certainly find great items at the thrift store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of things are out there. It's fun to search for them.

      Delete
  4. The Eye of Providence? The all-seeing Eye of God?
    What an exciting find at the bins! How many shakers were in the box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those aren't bad ideas! There were quite a few, probably a dozen or a bit more. Mostly singles, and all old. I kept a few singles, and my son grabbed the '40s Dick Tracy when he saw it! I kept a monkey, a wooden tiki, and a miniature Toby mug. A few were broken, and I threw them out. Donated the rest to St. V's.

      Delete
  5. This gave me big Mexican tin folk art vibes, so I did a quick Google search and found something similar. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1263720905/handmade-small-mexican-folk-art-punched?gpla=1&gao=1&utm_custom1=_k_CjwKCAiA1MCrBhAoEiwAC2d64exmnlWy16leghXcbDrFe7r2Xu3TZp2UQSzwaHziOfdm1PqY4A8E4hoCuFIQAvD_BwE_k_&utm_custom2=1843970812&gad_source=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is much the same. I wonder if mine was mounted to the top of a larger frame? Mine is pretty big, longer than a foot.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts