Thursday Thirteen - 13 Favorite Songs on my Phone - December 21, 2021

 Thursday Thirteen

 Happy Winter Solstice! 

Of the songs on my iPhone, these are my favorite thirteen in no particular order.

1 - Blues Traveler Run-Around

2 - Dire Straits Sultans of Swing

3 - Meat Loaf Two Out of Three Ain't Bad

4 - Rolling Stones Paint it Black

5 - R.E.M Night Swimming

6 - Jackson Browne Late for the Sky

7 - Jackson Browne Sky Blue and Black 

8 - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band Old Time Rock and Roll

9 - Arlo Guthrie The City of New Orleans

10 - Stray Cats My One Desire 

11 - Don McLean - American Pie

12 - Otis Redding (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay

13 - Jackson Browne Fountain of Sorrow

This was hard!  I don't have a lot of songs on my phone, but the ones I do are ones I like.  Picking thirteen was difficult, but I can pick my top two, Paint it Black and Run-Around.  If I shuffle them, odds are a Jackson Browne or Rolling Stones will come on, as there are many more of theirs than others.  To be fair, I rarely even listen to them, only if I remember when I'm going to be driving somewhere.   I did Tuesday, and against odds got some that rarely show up when I shuffle.

All the Artists, A to W.  (I expect most date me to the '70s!)











Comments

  1. Nice list. I do love "Paint it Black". That's definitely one of my favorite Stones songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly listen to music from the 1970s and 80s, with some Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, and Alanis Morrisette from the 1990s thrown in for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Dire Straits song is always on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no songs on my phone! I do have a number of albums and songs on my desktop computer. I've always loved Paint It, Black and Sultans of Swing. And, strangely, I can not listen to City of New Orleans without getting a little emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have similar musical tastes. I have records/CDs/MP3s from probably all of these artists.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts