Motley Monday: Summer Fun - July 17, 2023

 Mickey LOVES the hose!  If I want to do a serious hand water, I have to put him in the house.  This summer he has learned a few new vocabulary words.  Hose water.  Sprinkler.  Move the sprinkler.  Even with his remaining fear of fireworks during evening hours, he still can be coaxed out by "Hose water".  Then I have to use the hose of course, I don't lie to him!  


On one of our recent walks we saw this cat.  Mickey is pretty sure it's cursed.   How else can you explain its appearance, the fact it has beaten the attack cat sign to shreds, and mostly, it hasn't been stolen (building closed on weekends)?


Two more daylilies that opened since Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day on the 15th.

Heavenly Angel Ice


Grape Magic


Rain lilies open when I use the sprinkler.

Candy tomato is loaded with fruit.  I think it's probably Candyland Red.  A young girl was selling tomatoes in little cups on the sidewalk in front of her house, and said this was Candy, but I can't find any with just that name.

 Candyland Red is a currant-type tomato, as this is, and the fruits are smaller than cherry tomato's.  It tastes okay, not anywhere near as good as Sungold, and too tiny!  I'll only grow Sungold for my cherry tomato from now on.  Fortunately I have one from the FFA sale this year.


More round green fruit are the wild grapes.  This is the first year my volunteer vine has produced them.  They are very pretty, and heavy.  The vine keeps breaking the twine I use to keep it against the fence.  


There you have it, my Motley Monday!  Come back tomorrow for Tuesday Treasures some Goodwill Bins finds.

Have a great week!


Comments

  1. No, one mustn't lie to the dog. Then they'll think the words don't mean what they mean. When we take Buttercup out, we tell her we're going bye-bye in the car. She loves riding in the car. Of course, we sometimes go places she doesn't like, but we don't mention that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish Mickey liked to ride in the car. He used to. He jumped right in when I got him. Jumped right in to go get Pup Cups at Starbucks. Jumped right in over and over in and out for his classes (which he loved, since it was the same trainers he had before I got him), then one day, nope. Couldn't get him in. Would have bit if we'd pushed the issue. Had his training on Zoom after that! I sit in the backseat with hotdogs and lure him in. Sometimes. It worked to get him to a shot clinic, and we told them to give the shots with him inside, we weren't sure we'd get him back in once he got out! He's an odd dog... The trainers say, "Work with the dog you have in front of you," because it might not be the dog you hoped it would be. Same goes with kids really.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts