Tuesday Treasures - July 18, 2023

I took a trip to the Goodwill Bins (Outlet or As-Is) not long ago.

I found a large 22 " x 32" abstract painting.  Abstracts aren't everyone's cup of tea, and I have few.  However, I liked this one quite a bit.  Enough to hang it in the living room.   No signature, so I decided which way was up.  There are drips, and drips drip down, so that's how I hung it.  Maybe the blue is sky, and the green drips are tree reflections in a golden sunset reflection on water.  I can see it. My son sees a landscape. A friend, rain.  Or, maybe it's a complete abstract!  If the artist had an top and bottom to it, he or she should have signed it.  Not terribly new, the canvas is discolored. 



I like finding vintage kitchenware in the Bins to decorate my kitchen walls and cabinet sides with.  These two molds are quite nice.

10" tin fish.  

There are quite a few of these for sale online.  A lot of the listings call this metal piece near the tail a "handle."  It's not... 


It's there to level the mold as the contents set. 

6" copper with tin layer inside.



A few weeks later I found another fish mold, this one copper, tin lined.


I think they were pretty nice finds for $1.59lb.




Comments

  1. That is a lovely painting. Too bad it isn't signed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'd know if I hung it upside down!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts