Skywatch Friday - July 28, 2023

 Skywatch Friday 

I've had ravens and raptors in my tallest cedar lately.  Not co-existing peacefully.  The ravens (or same aggressive singular raven) will not accept a raptor around.  



Yeah, the raven makes a racket, and Mickey gets wound up and makes an even bigger racket. 

The ravens and crows make noises to do just that, wind up Mickey.  Smart and sassy birds.



One day there were two different kinds of raptors, one much larger.  They were not getting along.  Everyone's very territorial with my dead-topped cedar!

Have a nice weekend.   My weather is no longer in the 100s!  So high 80s and low 90s with a breeze feels nice.  I hope to have my car back by the weekend.  The driver exterior door handle broke off, and the electronic lock for other doors is wonky.  I wish you could use the actual key to unlock the doors when electronics fail.  Then Wednesday the battery was dying, and dead yesterday.  I'm happy to have AAA road service, and a reliable, trustworthy, mechanic down the street within walking distance!  

To add, I come across random Blogger blogs that won't let me comment.  I get an error of some sort, whether signed into Google, or staying anonymous.   I look at more of your posts than you may think!


Comments

  1. Fascinating study in the birds' territorial behavior. Thanks for sharing. Glad your weather is cooling and that AAA came through for you. :) Re: Blogger...it's been behaving strangely lately. I've found that if I'm logged in to Google it works better, but I don't know if that makes a difference for everyone. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your weather cooled a bit. We've had some very noisy crows in our neighborhood recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wondered when crows (or even blue jays) mob hawks, why the hawks don't fight back. It's an interesting behavior to watch. I don't have a dog, so I can just relax and enjoy the interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger's being a pain. Sorry about that. There must be some fix, but I have no idea what it is.

    Tricky buggers, those ravens messing with Mickey like that. It's too bad you can't get some revenge on them. I bet they're enjoying Mickey's reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The raptors here get attacked by the smaller birds. For some reason, mama cottontails are rearing their young in our backyard and the hawks have taken notice. Our little pomeranian Kodi makes half hearted chases for the rabbits thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts