Skywatch Friday - July 21, 2023

 Skywatch Friday

Around 7:00pm there were wispy clouds towards the north.  You can hear the wind, the wind chimes, and the ice cream truck playing Christmas carols!



Then, an hour and a half later, the sun was red.  No, I see it doesn't look red here.  That's because I don't have the settings to get it on my phone, and even if I went and got the camera, I don't know how to set it to get the red!  So, just imagine the sun is red.  


Here it is in mono.


Anyone else tired of summer heat?  Hovering near 100° day after day is tiring.  I've had it with watering!  The vegetables aren't doing well anyway, so I might just stop.  

Have a great weekend.  

Comments

  1. Lovely cloud video, and I can imagine the red sun. We are going to get the heat next week, but I don't know how bad yet. Doubtful as bad as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally just got out in the hike for four days in a row hiking at over 100F. I only went about 3 or 4 miles and carried lots of water. So I kind of got conditioned to the heat but the cumulative bug bites, despite using deet, has chased me back inside for a few days until the itching stops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful skies. LOL- Christmas carols?? Time to update his musical selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did playing Christmas Carols bring down the temps.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, yes the heat has been oppressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sun looks red to me on my computer monitor. Getting colors right on digital media can be so tricky. I'm sorry about the heat. It sucks. I melt in the heat, so I know your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watched the video. Odd that the ice cream truck is playing Christmas Carols. Wind is very strong there right at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts