Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - September 2023

 Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day

First, the blanketflowers.  There are regular ones and Mesa Red, Mesa Peach, Arizona Apricot, and SpinTop Orange Halo.  Probably Mesa Bright Bicolor too.  I forget where I planted what.  My friend grew them from seeds.



 A lot of flowers are blooming again since I cut back their first spent flowers. 

Angel Shasta daisy for instance.


These are collarette dahlia without a collar, false sunflower, portulaca, and my one blooming nasturtium.


Front yard flowers. 

Globe amaranth, Red Riding Hood penstemon (second bloom), and a view of it all.


Little Lemon goldenrod behind Phenomenal lavender, Blue Jeans Baby Russian sage, and a Kickin' series aster, probably Kickin' Carmine Red.  The goldenrod, Russian sage, and aster are all small varieties I wish were a bit larger.

More of the front yard, with blanketflower, Persian catmint, and lance-leaf coreopsis.  The catmint and coreopsis are more second bloomers.


Four o'Clocks, black-eyed Susans, verbena with African daisy from the FFA sale, and a mistaken repeat nasturtium.


Herbs blooming include prostrate rosemary, Pink Panther catmint, and woolly apple mint (still).

Alyssum, probably third growth, garlic chives, and the last of the gaura. 

There are some un-photogenic calendulas, butterfly weed, morning glories, scabiosa, yarrow... a few others. 

The weather has warmed up again.  For the next five days it's forecast to be in the 90s again.  I have never been so eager for autumn to arrive!


Comments

  1. Beautiful blooms. So nice to see such colorful blooms in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The front yard looks particularly nice right now.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I particularly love seeing the one long shot of one of your garden beds, which gives a wonderful sense of how you've laid out the plants. The individual flower shots are great too, so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You give me too much credit for laying out the plants though! I do two things. One, try to put short near the front. Two, fill in all the gaps with anything I have to discourage the neighborhood cats! That's really my only goal, fill in gaps. If I have divisions, or volunteers in the back yard, I move them.

      Delete
  3. Your blanket flowers are beautiful - your weather is not, but you have a lot of blooms despite everything your garden has been through. Also admired the rosemary flowers, something we don't see a lot here. (It's 69 here as I type this ,and I have a light jacket on - I wouldn't mind a few degrees of your heat today).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nights are cool, so the house stays pretty much cool during the day, so it's not too bad. Except having to water. 69° sounds nice!

      Delete
  4. You've got a lot of color going on this GBBD, Lisa! I remember you mentioned cutting back your Shasta daisies to get another flush of bloom and I followed suit this year but so far my plants aren't on board. However, I've been cutting back my Gaillardias on a regular basis and at least they're accommodating me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's only the short varieties? I have never tried it with the full size ones.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blooms!
    Love the Blanketflowers!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are one of my my favorites. Very dependable perennials and the bees love them.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you're getting our weather. This is when we have some really hot days and we wonder when fall will start. Pretty blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought the heat was over for the year. The trees around town are starting to color up though, so they know something.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts