Tuesday Treasures - September 26, 2023

I stopped by a local on-going garage sale.  When the woman decides to hold the sale she uncovers her stuff.  She has tons of stuff. Probably literally tons, as much is metal, auto parts, salvage, etc.  I found a wonderful bust (broken off its pedestal) of Mercury (Roman) or Hermes (Greek).  He is a messenger of the gods, wearing winged sandals and a winged helmet.  These represent the swiftness of his travel between physical and divine realms.  He's also god of messages, monetary gain, eloquence, luck, thieves, trickery, travelers, and more.  I've already kissed the Barney Stone, so that took care of my "gift of eloquence," however I'd like him to help a bit with that monetary gain thing!



I jammed one of the Bins curtain rods I buy for garden stakes into his base to display him in the garden.  He's handsome enough to catch Guinevere's eye, although his lack of body may give her pause!  And I am referencing a post that has disappeared.  This happened last week too.  I am absolutely sure I posted the statue of Guinevere I found in the gutter up the street this July. Here is her photo.  Now, tell me, you've seen her, right?  


 I can't believe I forgot to post this knitted patchwork afghan I rescued from the Bins a while back!  I washed it, dried it outdoors, then put it in the spare room, where it was completely forgotten.  Each patch is a different knit pattern.  



I wonder how long something like this takes to make?  I don't knit, never have.  I couldn't get the hang of using two needles, when I was used to one with crochet.  Maybe one of you can take a guess.  





Comments

  1. It took me six years to knit an afghan once, but I wasn't working on it nonstop. That took a while. But it's lovely. It's great you rescued it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too! All that time and effort, and most likely love, put into it.

      Delete
  2. Never seen Guinevere, ever. And I read all your posts. She's pretty, though. That is a very sweet afghan. Mostly you see those crocheted granny squares which aren't nearly as interesting. It's in very good shape too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How odd. I was so excited to find her I thought I'd have posted her right off. She was in the gutter on my street, leaning on a trash can. C. and I drove and saw her there, and I circled around the street behind us so he could grab her up! She was in what looked to be a clear storage bag, like she would have come in. Yes, crocheted afghans are often granny squares. I made one of those, and my oldest came home from the hospital (at birth I mean!) in a zigzag stitch stripes that was my first effort. Very crooked!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts