Skywatch Friday - September 29, 2023

The last Skywatch Friday for September. 

Blue sky through the pine at the park.


Also at the park, the sweet gum tree, or liquidambar (I always thought it was "liquid amber," you learn something new all the time!) is starting to color up.  They aren't native to the western parts of the the US, but common landscape plants to add autumn color.


I was able to get this moon around 6:30 in the evening not long ago.


I'm going to a huge estate sale later today.  I have a little list of things I saw in the ad that looked interesting.  I'll let you know if I got anything.

Have a nice weekend!


Comments

  1. Pretty moon shot. I like that big old pine tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn, daytime moon shot plus going to an estate sale. What a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I immediately had to look up your "liquid amber" (I kind of like that) and it isn't hardy where I live. But I think we have to have some kind of sweet gums. When I was young, I was fascinated by seeing the moon in the daytime. Maybe I still am. Hope you had good luck at the estate sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering that the moon was full (or almost full) last night, that pic was taken a week ago? Nice skies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this pine tree brings back old childhood dreams. you immediately want to climb it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts