Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - November 2023

 Garden Bloggers' Day for November 2023.

After a few nights below freezing, temperatures are up a bit.  The garden is mostly quite tattered and sad though.  Taken individually they look fine!

California poppies, Moonshine yarrow, a Thanksgiving cactus in bud, and Persian catmint

There are still some nice calendulas! 


Three kinds of rosemary.  Right is Blue Boy, a dwarf.  Left top is Tuscan Blue, the bottom prostrate.

The same alyssum clump as last month.  A few Angel Shasta daisies, and one Japanese anemone.  The earlier buds are hanging limp from the frost.

Pretty pinks.  Red Riding Hood penstemon, Double Dynasty dianthus, Knautia, and surprisingly the African daisies I bought at the FFA sale in spring.  The flowers are half the size they were in summer.


Another not blooms, but colorful in the dreary garden garden is pyracantha.


Several black-eyed Susans are hanging in under the old growth.

Not a bloom, or wait, there is one! is the gaura which is still pretty when bare.

Another not blooms but colorful in the dreary garden is pyracantha.

Two definite not blooms that are adding bloom color to the garden are these.  First, a glass watering globe (with a ridiculously long stem) I got at Goodwill for$1.16 (even they usually ask $5 for these). 

And my Bins find Swedish wooden tulips.  I had to put them in the front yard because Mickey kept pulling them up to chew!  



Happy Bloom Day!  




Comments

  1. You have so much still in bloom. The plot next to our community garden plot has some good looking calendula (we've only made it down to 26F so far), which I have rarely grown and now I am thinking about - maybe - growing it next year. My husband has overwintered rosemary indoors for years (it's not hardy where we live) and we'll have to take ours in soon. The flowers are so pretty on your three types.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are easy to grow, and if you let the last of them go to seed you will never have to plant them again. Tuscan Blue rosemary is a bit more cold sensitive, it loses a few branches every winter.

      Delete
  2. That's quite a lot of blooms for November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That's the bottom of it, the rest is probably 10-12 feet high! I bought it as a nursery 10 or 11 years ago, but since it had a huge root they had to cut off they gave it to me free in case it died. I wanted a red, which is what I grew up with in CA, but around here isn't always orange or even yellowish. In CA there was so many, before my parents moved to where I grew up they used to take drives to see it each fall!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like we've had similar weather. You have more blooms than I do, though. Thanks for sharing the beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a lot in the photos, but when I look outside they are so small it mostly just looks bleak.

      Delete
  5. You still have many blooms and the calendulas are lovely. The pyracantha is also striking this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pyracantha did really well this year.

      Delete
  6. Those Japanese anemones always catch my eye, but I haven't been brave enough to plant one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend gave me one of hers. It isn't terribly happy, so I think I'll move it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts