Thursday Thirteen - November 9, 2023


Thursday Thirteen, a random bunch.

I have a little plum tree sucker plum that has the prettiest autumn color, nearly pink.  


Guinevere oversees sunrise in the Herb Garden. 

Double Dynasty dianthus doesn't mind the frost. 

The knautia doesn't either, but there are probably 95% fewer flowers than in late spring. 


Frost tips the hardy germanium leaves.


And the strawberries.  This is Hood, which has decided to crawl out of its bed and all over the Toss Garden.  I didn't notice its spread until I cut back the black-eyed Susans.  

The wild strawberry continues to bloom, and the tiny berries are so sweet!  


Frost on the calendulas, which are still blooming.  Again, many flowers fewer than earlier. 

Black-eyed Susans are always photogenic! 


This one has a spider's web. 


Wild bergamot (bee balm).  I cut some stems down to the ground, others I left, giving them a change to rebloom.  They didn't, but they did turn pretty colors and get touched with frost.   It's not growing at my kitchen door, however, here are two lines from Edna St. Vincent Millay's Rosemary.

I will plant bergamot
     At my kitchen-door.   


There you have it, thirteen random garden photos.  

Comments

  1. It's nice to see the garden is still there even though the frosts have come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice. I don't grow colder weather crops, so it's pretty bare bones.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts