Nearly Wordless Wednesday - November 22, 2023

 Nearly Wordless... 

The past few nights have been below freezing.  The pyracantha looked especially pretty yesterday morning.  If I were doing anything special for Thanksgiving (that is, having company and making a centerpiece) I'd use some of the berries.  Growing up it was one of my favorite holiday jobs, going around the yard and clipping leaves and berries.  Our pyracantha was red.  I don't see that much here.  



I thought this was pretty much the perfect leaf!  It's from next door.  




That's it for today, as I have a new computer, and haven't moved much over from my old one.  It would have been easy, except my old one was still running Windows 8.1 (and that can't be updated) so couldn't automatically move things.  The old one still works, it's just slow as molasses, or whatever expression is slower than molasses, so I could just leave things there.  But, I don't want to start collecting old computers, so I'll probably move things to an external hard drive.  The old one is an all-in-one, never the fastest to begin with, and not much storage.  This new one is a laptop, but I ordered it with extra storage and something else, I forget what!  In case you are in the market, HP is having a pre-Black Friday sale (well, I guess it's pretty much a Black Friday sale now, I ordered this a few weeks ago) with really good prices.  I haven't used a laptop in years, and discovered I can no longer "take" the scrolling, so use a mouse with it.  I thought I was going to have to send it back. My son suggested using a mouse, plus when I looked at returning it, the restocking fee was a bit steep (based not on the sale price, but the regular price).  I'm glad I tried my son's suggestion!  

Now this Nearly Wordless Wednesday has become a Wordy Wednesday.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving, whatever it is you're doing.  If you are doing nothing, have a lovely Thursday.  



Comments

  1. Your first two pyracantha shots are so pretty with the frost. They would have made a great centerpiece if only you could have preserved the frost. I dread the day I have to get new computers although, at least for now, my son is able to do my computer maintenance work. Without him, my 11 year old laptop would have been unusable years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My all-in-one was older than that! They aren't know for power when new, so...

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new computer. I'm going to have to get a new one soon too as mine does the slow bit as well. Like now. It's taking forever to load each blog post (and it's driving me insane).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, when adding Blogger to the slowness, it's pretty frustrating! It's amazing how fast things go now. While you don't get Word (without a subscription or high cost) my son showed me LibreOffice (free) and it works so well, just like Word. In fact, it opens the old Word documents that the computer wouldn't since I don't have Word. I thought I was going to have to move them all through Google Drive and such.

      Delete
  3. I love your frost rimmed photos of the berries and the leaves and then then maple leaf.

    Let me venture a suggestion on moving these things over. What we have done in our family is pull the hard drive out of the old computer and buy a new enclosure from Amazon that plugs into your new computer via a usb connection. It is the handiest thing ever. My son and I both got new computers the past year and did this and it works great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. It's something to look into. I think we might have one of those around from when another family member got a new computer.

      Delete
  4. ...Lisa, I like the single leaf. Simple and simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The frost looks like icing sugar. Haha ... I like your wordy Wednesday. Transitioning to new equipment sure does present its challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts