Tuesday Treasures - November 28, 2023

These items are from the Goodwill Bins.  Of course they are!

An incredible crochet afghan.  It's big, fully covering a queen bed with length to spare.  The red ones make me think of poinsettias, which make me think of Christmas!  


Another vintage copper mold, tin lined.  This is the third of these heavy vintage molds in copper.  The orange reflection is from Halloween lights (yes, this was written that long ago), and I think there is a warped me there too! 



 Two color lithographs from D.A.C. (Donald Art Co.) prints, distributed by Famous Paintings Associates.  Both from Henk Bos (1901-1979).   They were matted in their original "frames," which were wood patterned tape with thick plastic for "glass."   When I removed them I wasn't surprised to find the D.A.C. mark below the mat.  One is ©1960.  Bos only painted still lifes.

Still Life With Teapot.  

Still Life With Strawberries  

How about this crackle glaze ikebana vase (missing the pin frog, but those are easy to find)?  Signed "wep."

I saved the worst for last.  Apologies if this "worst" is a family favorite in your house!  The worst recipe I've ever seen, not just in a fund-raising cookbook, but anywhere.   


Oh!  I got this tote in the Bins for just $1.  It will come in handy for storing the additional Christmas items I thrifted this year.  When I think of how many of these totes I unloaded when I worked... I get tired just remembering!





Comments

  1. Oh wow, that afghan. I can just imagine the work that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing! It machine washed and dried too, since I don't want anything fussy.

      Delete
  2. That afghan, what a find. I second Liz on her comment. As for the popcorn salad I think it's one of those midwest salads, like jello salads. Unlike jello salad, I never ran across this one in the several years I lived in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts