Blog Hops: Love and Loss

If you have a blog, you may participate in blog hops on a regular basis, or on a now and again basis, as the case may be.  In the past few months a number of my regular (or now and again) ones have ended.  In some cases the host is just plain tired of hosting.  For others they've just has gotten too busy with life changes to give them the time needed.  

Even I quit the one I hosted over on my poetry blog!  I used to do the Wordle, a weekly 12 word writing prompt over at https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/.  It's Word Press, and my old computer just didn't work well with it, and I was frustrated every week.  I do have a new computer, however I don't work well with Word Press either.  No one has yet volunteered to take that one over. 

Another loss to the poetry bloggers is https://ronovanwrites.com/ Weekly Haiku Challenge, where we were given two words with which to create a haiku.  The host is still doing his Wednesday prompt.  

Not ending, I hope, but changing, is one of my nearly regular weekly participant poetry challenge at https://tankatuesday.com/  The host hopes to bring in a group of poets to post syllabic poetry prompts on a regular basis.  As tempting as that is, it's Word Press.  For the next few months she's finishing up the 24 Japanese seasons and the use of kigo (Japanese seasonal words or phrases).

For this gardening (etc.) blog we lost Blue Monday & Ruby Tuesday Too, along with other blog hops hosted by https://magicalmysticalteacher.wordpress.com/  I took over the Shadow Shot Sunday hosting.  

Also, "Anything Goes" Pink Saturday is gone.  It's not only no new prompts, the entire blog is gone.  That was a shame, I'd hoped it would at least be there to still view.  Every week the host picked a favorite, and once my New Dawn Roses was the "winner."

I still participate in several on this blog.  

Monthly, on the 15th of each month is Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day.  Friday has Skywatch Friday, and occasionally, when I have the flowers, Friday Floral Fotos.


Sunday is Shadow Shot Sunday, right here.  Easy to do, post a photo of some sort of shadow, and come here to link with the super simple Mister Linky!

There are several Wordless Wednesday blog hops.  When I participate I join up with https://wordlesswednesday.blogspot.com/

Thursday is Thursday Thirteen, if I have thirteen things interesting enough to blog about.  Occasionally I'll join with the Thursday Tree Love bloggers.  I think that one is twice a month. 


Also on Thursday, I found a new one that lines up nicely with my collection of postcards, Thursday Postcard Hunt.  There are monthly themes, and weekly categories of that theme.  I've recently added quite a few postcards to my collection (a post for a different day), so I'm looking forward to the challenge.   This Thursday is Buildings: Public Buildings.  The same site has a Sunday stamp challenge theme.   I discovered this one in the comments on a post about favorite blog hops on April Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  Don't forget that's coming up!  26 posts in April, A-Z (daily with Sundays off), on any subject under the sun.  Sign-ups next month!  http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/


There are also writing/poetry blog hops.  dVerse offers several different ones per week.  Tanka Tuesday, as mentioned above. 

 Storytellers and Poets United has Friday Writings with an optional prompt.  Friday is also Friday Fictioneers, a photo prompt with writing of 100 words.  Simply 6-Minutes is another photo (sometimes a quote) prompt with a 6 minute limit.  Most of these are poetry or prose.  I'll be honest, often the photos don't inspire me so I don't participate. 

Ronovan Writes continues his Wednesday Ovi poetry prompt, with a given word for inspiration.   

So, there are still plenty to keep me busy.  What are your favorite blog hops? 

Comments

  1. I have three hops I host. Awww Mondays; Happy Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with your Happy Tuesday, I'll take a look. My Tuesdays are my thrifted items right now.

      Delete
  2. I participate in several blog hops regularly: Music Moves Me (music, once a week), Sandee's Wordless Wednesday each Wednesday, and Skywatch Friday. I also participate regularly in Garden Bloggers Bloom Day (once a month on the 15th) and Thursday Tree Love, which is twice a month. But I see a number of bloggers I've liked giving up blogging alltogether in the past several months. I think sometimes that blogging may have run its course. I'm not even sure I will participate in A to Z this year. Still thinking on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this blog's A to Z ready, only because I didn't do it last year due to COVID! I'm working on the poetry one. I hope blogs aren't "out." Even before anyone read mine, I liked to write it as a bit of a journal.

      Delete
  3. I don't do too many blog hops. Just Thursday 13 when the mood hits. And A to Z, although I took a couple years off. There's a Saturday 9 one where someone picks and song and asks 9 questions based on the song. I don't do it, but a few people I follow do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I peek at that Saturday one! I don't usually know the song they base it on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts