Tuesday Treasures - More Milk Glass - February 20, 2024

 A friend and I went to one of the less visited Goodwill stores a few weeks ago.  I bought nothing.  I wasn't even tempted.  On the way back we were driving right past an estate sale we'd seen advertised (I didn't think it looked worth going to based on the photos in the ad), so stopped.  I think they added more photos after I'd seen looked at it!  I missed out on the colorful swung vases, but I did find two milk glass versions.  

9" Fenton hobnail 


10" Westmoreland Paneled Grape

I was only getting the Westmoreland vase, until I was told it was 1/2 off day!  So, I went back.

Fenton 7" clover shape three part relish dish

Westmoreland 6 1/2" Old Quilt celery vase

You read that right, a celery vase.

All four pieces are very heavy, thick milk glass, the "dead white" glass.

Goodwill was a disappointment, but the estate sale was a nice stop!  I did resist going back the next, and last day, when things were "make offer."  I kind of regret not getting some milk glass tumblers for everyday use.  However, anything I really liked I was happy to buy at 1/2 off, so anything else would have been just to buy because it was cheap. 

Comments

  1. That first one looks so familiar. I think a family member had one like it years ago. (I have no idea what happened to it since then.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Fenton was a pretty popular manufacturer. I don't know where my mother's and her mother's milk glass hens on nests went. I assume my mother just got tired of them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts