Motley Monday - February 19, 2024

 More things I've been saving up, plus new flowers blooming!

Time to plant summer bloomers! The honey bees love liatris (blazing star).


Blooming in the neighborhood.  I had to have a new directional signal/wiper part installed.  I'd had an oil change, where they replaced a tail light.  When I left I didn't have any directional lights.  I drove straight to my mechanic (not where I get my oil changes) and it was a coincidence.  It wasn't just the lights, it was the part itself gone bad.  Anyway... the mechanic is at the end of the street next to mine, so I walk.  On the way back from dropping it off I saw these narcissus paperwhites.  

One of those painted rocks left in public spots was on the outside window sill at Goodwill.  Remember, don't leave these in parks or other nature areas!  

Kind of silly, but I liked the look of the lemon-poppyseed muffin close-up!   I used to find almond-poppyseed, now it's with lemon.  I have a recipe for the almond ones, these are store bought 50% leftovers!

More lemon, this is the new growth on the lemon thyme. 

Purple tansy self-seeds in the compost pile.  Bumblebees like this one.

Anemone blanda is back.  I'm always fascinated how the flowers curl up out of the soil.  The corms for these are sold here as both spring and summer blooms.  However, mine only bloom in early spring. 


Plum blossoms.  It's basically a plum grown from just a stump and suckers, but it's pretty in spring and fall, when it's leaves are almost pink.

Pluot Flavor Supreme  I hope to get fruit this year.  Last year the fruit all fell, or shriveled on the tree.  It's a sick tree.  I told it I'd leave it so long as it looked pretty, which it does!

Crocus and Wild Violets

Other crocus in the Butterfly Garden.

One day last week Mickey had Sunny Day Zoomies.  I like to see him happy! (Edited to post the correct video!)


Come back tomorrow for more milk glass in my Tuesday Treasures post!

Comments

  1. So nice to see Anemones happening. Oregon is so much earlier than Maryland. And that Lemon Thyme is nice inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, and I love Liatris. I can't wait to see them blooming again in the garden. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts