Shadow Shot Sunday - February 25, 2024

Shadow Shot Sunday - Show us your shadows! 

 Mister Linky below!   

I got my peas planted Friday afternoon. The protective fence cast some shadows on the bed of Cascadia snap peas.  Cascadia are my favorite.


The reason for the barrier is lurking outside the bed, hoping to find a way in.  He's a digger, especially after he's seen me plant.  He wonders what I've buried, and if it's something he'd be interested in!  


The two containers have Magnolia Blossom Tendril snap peas.  I'll have to figure out some system of support, they need a tall trellis.  Probably some string to the fence.  Magnolia Blossom Tendril peas have pink and purple flowers, with enlarged tendrils in place of some of the leaves.  They are edible.  Not too sure about these! At least the pods are green, unlike the purple flowered, purple podded, Desiree Dwarf Blauwschokkers, which when cooked turned the cooking water, any other peas cooked with them, and themselves, grey. 



Comments

  1. It's still too early to plant here, although, with some of our mild weather, it would be tempting to plant hardy varieties. It's too up and down right now. Right now it's 17F. I'll remember your review about the purple podded peas, though - grey everything is not for me, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's up and down here too. In the 60s, then next weekend below freezing nights (maybe in the 20s) and even snow might fall! Yes, those peas were disgusting!

      Delete
  2. But Mickey just wants to help...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put that dog to work! He can dig holes for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are quite the gardener, your dog looks like quite the digger!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to be this year. Last March, just at planting time, I got COVID so vegetables weren't a success last year!

      Delete
  5. Mickey wants in! Cascadia, I'll have to look those up. What makes them your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are easy to grow, probably because they were developed here, in Oregon. They stay fairly short, I do trellis them, but they don't get more than 4 feet. They are very productive. They produce a long time, some years I need to pull them out to plant my warm weather crops.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts