Skywatch Friday - January 12, 2024

 Skywatch Friday 

Join in, show us your sky!  

Mickey and I took a walk to the park a few days ago.  Last walk until his new, larger harness gets here.  He was uncomfortable getting it buckled.  It's raining a lot, so we wouldn't be going to the park anyway.  He's been the same size since he was 6 months, and he's now over 3 years, so he should need one by now!    

So, skies at the park. 

To the east, with Roxy Ann Peak.  Roxy Ann Peak is considered a mountain, but even at 3,576',  from the valley floor it looks more like a hill.  I saw a "mountain" in a post the other day that was 1,250', so Roxy Ann would look mountainous next to that!  






I'm no good at estimating a flock of birds, but it looked like a hundred crows cawing and soaring back and forth in between trees and the grass.  

 Have a nice weekend!

Comments

  1. Be it a hill or a mountain (I say a mountain) I enjoy your scenery. Those were some great cloud captures. Don't think I've ever seen that many crows at one time but I just watched a video of crows descending on downtown Portland in winter and - wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the second time there was a huge crow convention there. I'm terrible as catching them on video. I never was ready when the took off, or the sun was wrong and I thought I was taping and wasn't. I'd tape when I thought I wasn't and got some really odd things!

      Delete
  2. That video looks like something out of a Hitchcock movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing was, Mickey didn't give them even a first glance. At home if a single crow, or raven, is in the cedar tree it's all I can do to get him in. They sit up there and tease him though, sometimes meowing!

      Delete
  3. I do love a good mountain view. The best days are when it's clear enough that one can see the distant mountains. I'm sure Mickey will like his new harness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he'll be more comfortable. I don't think he so much outgrew the original, as got a little padded around the middle! I had to get this one on eBay, new in package though, since the new version has plastic clips and the old metal. I feel more confident a harness will hold if the parts are metal.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous sky shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty skies. I like the dramatic clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you captured some beautiful skies!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts